Economic Studies is a scientific quarterly publishing theoretical and empirical papers in he field of economics and economic practice. It is published by the Institute of Economics, Polish Academy of Sciences (INE PAN). The journal has a long history, dating back to 1930s, when it was published by the Institute of Economics of the Polish Academy of Learning. After the WWII, it reappeared as a journal of the Department of Economic Sciences, Polish Academy of Sciences and, later on, INE PAN.
Authors of accepted papers receive 13 points awarded by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
Print form is the original version of the journal.
Journal is indexed in BazEkon UEK, CEEOL, CEJSH, Pol-index, Index Copernicus
Marek Belka, Barbara Despines, Marian Gorynia, Tamara E. Kuzniecowa, Adam Lipowski, Péter Mihályi, Lew V. Nikiforow, Krzysztof Starzec
Assoc. Prof. Krzysztof Bartosik, Ph.D. (Editor-in-Chief), Prof. Urszula Grzelońska, Ph.D, Prof. Joanna Kotowicz-Jawor, Ph.D., Prof. Witold Kwaśnicki, Ph.D., Assoc. Prof. Leszek Morawski, Ph.D., Jerzy Mycielski, Ph.D. (Statistical Editor), Prof. Adam Noga, Ph.D., Lesław Pietrewicz, Ph.D., Urszula Skorupska, Ph.D. (Editorial Assistant), Prof. Andrzej Sławiński, Ph.D.
We kindly inform that the Editorial Office accepts proposals of articles to be published in Studia Ekonomiczne (Economic Studies). Comments concerning approval of articles proposed for publication are presented below.
- The Editorial Office accepts for publication articles in Polish and English.
- All the articles are subject to peer-review.
- The Editorial Office does not accept articles published by other publishing houses.
- The Editorial Office requests that the articles be sent to periodical’s e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The articles (including the tables, drawings and references) should not be longer than 25 standard pages (45 thousand characters without spaces). The Editorial Office reserves the right to shorten, modify or otherwise change the articles submitted in accordance with the requirements of the periodical.
- The article should consist of an introduction, main part divided into chapters and subchapters, summary/conclusions, bibliography, attachments if any, abstract in Polish, key words in Polish, title in English, abstract in English, key words in English, JEL Classification codes https://www.aeaweb.org/jel/guide/jel.php.
- The first page of the paper must contain information on the name and surname of the Author (or Authors), the title, abstract (between the title and the introduction), 3 to 5 keywords, 3 to 5 JEL codes; the Author’s (or Authors’) affiliation and e-mail address must be stated in the footnotes;
- Footnotes should be placed at the bottom of the page and bibliographical references in the text, at the end of the sentence in round brackets (author, year of publication, page number).
- The bibliography shall contain only items which are cited in the text and follow the format given below:
Wilkin J. (1995), Jaki kapitalizm? Jaka Polska?, Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN, Warszawa.
Wisman J.D., Rozansky J. (1991), The methodology of institutionalism revisited, “Journal of Economic Issues”, Vol. 25, No. 3, s. 709–737.
Christiano L.J., Eichenbaum M., Evans Ch.L. (1999), Monetary policy shocks: What have we learned and to what end?, w: Handbook of Macroeconomics, J.B. Taylor, M. Woodford (eds.), Vol. 1, Chapter 2, Elsevier, s. 65–148.
- Authors are requested to provide academic title, correspondence address (including e-mail address) and full affiliation of the author (including address of the author’s home research unit).
- Abstracts in Polish and English should be sent along with the article. An abstract, kept to no more than a half or quarter of a printed page, should consist of four parts: purpose of the paper, indication of the methods used, description of the results achieved, and conclusions.
- By submitting articles for publication, the authors express their consent for the placing of the full-text version of the article, including abstracts in Polish and English, in the archive on the Internet site of the periodical, on-line CEEOL (Central and Eastern European Online Library) and the IDEAS RePEc (Research Papers in Economics) Internet base, as well as for entering the abstract to the Internet database of The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities (CEJSH) and authorise the Editorial Office of Studia Ekonomiczne (Economic Studies) to agree the final text of the abstract with CEJSH.
Principles of peer-reviewing of the submitted articles
The Editorial Board carries out a preliminary verification of the submitted texts taking into account similarity of the topic of the article to the profile of the quarterly and compliance with editorial requirements.
Pre-approved texts are submitted for peer-reviewing by one of the persons enumerated in the list of reviewers that cooperate with the Editorial Office. If the initially selected reviewer does not undertake peer-review or a specialist in the field that the article relates to is not included in the list of reviewers, a person from outside the group of regular reviewers will be asked to peer-review the text. The review process is double-blind. Upon compiling the content of a subsequent issue, the whole material is once again submitted for peer-review by an external reviewer.
Peer-review performs a consultative function, which means that the final decision on approving the text for publication is taken by the Editorial Board.
Text approval and rejection criteria
Compliance with the profile of the magazine, scientific character, originality of the issues discussed, correctness in terms of facts and methods.
Counteracting research misconduct
The Editorial Office of Studia Ekonomiczne (Economic Studies) counteracts such phenomena as ghostwriting and gest authorship. Research misconduct exposed by the Editorial Office of Studia Ekonomiczne (Economic Studies) that consists in plagiarism, failure to include as an author or co-author the person who significantly contributed to the creation of the article or indicating as an author or co-author a person whose contribution to the creation of the article has been negligible or none whatsoever will be documented and revealed. Along with the submitted article, its author should submit a statement of originality of the publication which can be downloaded here.
Primary version of the periodical
The printed version is the primary version.
You can download a peer-review form here.
phone 22 657 27 90,
fax 22 826 72 54
Articles published in the “Economic Studies” are available free of charge on the journal’s website. You can place orders for Studia Ekonomiczne by mail at the address:
Instytut Nauk Ekonomicznych PAN (The Institute of Economics of the Polish Academy of Sciences),
Biblioteka (Library), ul. Nowy Świat 72,
by fax: 22 826 72 54
or via e-mail at:email@example.com
Subscription information: phone 22 657 27 04