dr Jagoda KASZOWSKA-MOJSA
Public Policy Department
Macroeconomics, macrofinance, central banking, systemic risk, public policy, simulation models, agent-based modeling, artificial intelligence
Dr Jagoda Kaszowska-Mojsa is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research Fellow at the Institute for New Economic Thinking and the Mathematical Institute at the University of Oxford. She has been a Research Fellow at the Institute of Economics, Polish Academy of Sciences and a lecturer at Cracow University of Economics in Poland.
Dr Kaszowska-Mojsa actively collaborates with both policymakers and practitioners. She has worked as a Senior Economist in the Macroprudential Research Division, Financial Stability Department at the National Bank of Poland, and also participated in the European Systemic Risk Board’s Joint ATC-ASC Expert Group meetings on Interconnectedness in Frankfurt. She was trained by and is collaborating with researchers at the International Monetary Fund, European Central Bank, European Systemic Risk Board and national central banks.
Her research focuses on the systemic risk, financial (in)stability and the welfare effects of macroprudential policies and regulations, AI in finance and agent-based modelling.
The primary aim of her recent project, MACROPRU, is to investigate how new macroprudential policies can influence financial stability without contributing to inequality in society. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 101023445.
Dr Kaszowska-Mojsa graduated in Economics (University of Alcala, Spain) and Mathematics (Jagiellonian University, Poland). She holds a PhD in Economics and Finance from Cracow University of Economics (Poland). Her doctoral dissertation was nominated for the Prime Minister's Award in Economics for the best doctoral dissertation, and also won the Central Statistical Office’s competition for outstanding doctoral dissertation. As a Fulbright Scholar, she conducted her PhD research in the United States. Her research was funded by the National Bank of Poland, Ministry of Education in Poland, National Science Centre, European Commission and Santander Bank.
Papers in scientific journals
- Kaszowska-Mojsa, J., Włodarczyk, P., & Szymańska, A. (2022). Immunity in the ABM-DSGE Framework for Preventing and Controlling Epidemics—Validation of Results. Entropy, 24(1), 126. https://doi.org/10.3390/e24010126
- Kaszowska-Mojsa, J., & Włodarczyk, P. (2020). To Freeze or Not to Freeze? Epidemic Prevention and Control in the DSGE Model Using an Agent-Based Epidemic Component. Entropy, 22(12), 1345. https://doi.org/10.3390/e22121345
- Kaszowska-Mojsa, J., & Pipień, M. (2020). Macroprudential Policy in a Heterogeneous Environment—An Application of Agent-Based Approach in Systemic Risk Modelling. Entropy, 22(2), 129. https://doi.org/10.3390/e22020129
- Kaszowska-Mojsa, J. (2020). Innovation strategies of manufacturing companies during expansions and slowdowns. Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, 8(4), 47-66. https://doi.org/10.15678/EBER.2020.080403
- Kaszowska, J., Santos, J.L., & Pablo-Marti, F. Assessment of policies using the "core" and "periphery" macroeconomic models in the post-crisis environment, Argumenta Oeconomica, 2019, 1(42), 185-212. https://dx.doi.org/10.15611/aoe.2019.1.08